Thursday, January 31, 2008

BELL'S AMUSEMENT PARK - R.I.P.




So I heard a while ago that the amusement park in my hometown, Tulsa, OK, has been shut down. I have spent many many days there throughout my entire life, and have ridden every ride literally hundreds (some maybe even thousands!) of times. I will greatly miss this place, for it is has been a huge part of my life.

So to celebrate all of my (and millions of others') memories, I am posting some videos I found on youtube. I have dozens of my childhood home videos of this place that I may pilfer through and post some clips from as well.

If you haven't been there, you should still check these out! I think you'll really enjoy them!


Take A Ride On The Zingo!


Take A Ride On The Phantasmagoria



CHECK OUT THIS BLOG FOR AN INSIDE LOOK AT PHANTASMAGORIA!


A Sad Goodbye :-(



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss it too bro! This use to be "the spot" in late junior high early high school. I mean several of these rides (especially Phantasmagoria)are where I got my sex ed! Oh well... memories to treasur forever.

David Totty said...

haha i hear that! i've been kicked out of the park for some heavy petting on the ol' Phantaz after they got hip and installed cameras!

I hear that they are going to rebuild Bell's with all new rides in somewhere in Jenks. I don't know if that's really going to happen though.

Still, it won't be the same. Especially when the fair comes around... Thanks for the words, my friend! :o)