Friday, January 25, 2008

"MUNDAE SUNDAE" (EP) 2006









DAVID TOTTY - "Mundae Sundae" [EP] (2006)




1. Mundae Sundae
2. Mundae Morning
3. Debbie Rochon + On + On
4. A Tiny Prick....




My 3rd EP is an homage to 2 of my favorite b-movie actresses, Misty Mundae (Erin Brown), and Debbie Rochon. This is where my music started taking a turn to the more dancefloor styles of techno, but still with that weird, twisted feel to it.

The first track is a strong dose of hi-fi sci-fi, which sort of feels like a cross between 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' and Seduction Cinema, with elements of 'Earth Girls Are Easy' thrown in... Very very trippy, and kind of pounding at times. Movies sampled: "Roxanna" and "That 70's Girl".

The second track is more of a companion piece than a remix of the first track. This one is super ambient, with circling synths and really funny movie samples from the film "Sin Sisters". People compare this song to 'Future Sound of London' all the time. I guess I can see that a little bit.

Track 3 is my homage to Debbie Rochon! I was stoked about this track, because the first person to ever hear this song was Debbie herself, via myspace! She was totally thrilled and even posted a blog about it on her page! If every one else in the world hates this song, it is still worth it, because Ms. Rochon liked it! Movie samples from "American Nightmare", except the sample at the end is from the non-Debbie film, 'Pep Squad'.

Track 4 is honestly a track I started and finished in less than 6 hours. I really liked how it turned out, and kind of dug the simplicity of it, so I slapped it on the end of this EP. The name refers to a needle prick, but I guess the other reference is pretty funny too...




320 Bitrate



"You gave me a taste, baby... And I liked it!" (download album here)





2 comments:

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Cool, I'll have to check this out. I'm interested to see that you used a "Pep Squad" clip on one of your tracks. That's one of my wife's favorite bad movies. Plus I'm curious to see how your music sounds. Later!

David Totty said...

awesome! your wife has good taste :-D

thanks a lot for checking me out, man. let me know what you think of the music!